Hyundai Genesis, a good brand building initiative?

Know what all is happening in Auto-World; the Global Auto Sector and its Impact on India !
Bharat
Admin
Admin

Hyundai Genesis, a good brand building initiative?

Post by Bharat »

It was only last week that the Genesis made its Indian debut at the Autocar Performance Show. So it was surprising when I came across this example of the car in Chennai. There have been 3 cars that have been imported into the country a few months back and looking at this, we are starting to believe that Hyundai India will launch this vehicle as their flagship in sometime next year. However, the only let down will be the 40+ lakh rupee price tag given that this will be a CBU.

The car spotted was a 3.8l V6 which is a GDi engine and delivers a healthy 311hp of max power. The car had the LED’s in the bumper as well as LED’s in the headlamp cluster like the current gen Verna has. The car certainly is a looker and it stands out surely. The rear has its dose of LED’s too in the form of the tail lamp cluster and is also helped with a dual exhaust system which adds a sporty touch to this limo. Though the car is pretty long, the side profile has been designed in such a way that it doesn’t show its large size. Look at it side on and the swooping roof line coupled with the bold and sharp C pillar make it look damn nice.

From what I could notice, the car was fully loaded and had controls on the rear seat too. It had a large screen upfront as is on the international variant. The only thing I found surprising was the absence of a sun roof. Now I don’t know if this was just a personal use vehicle and hence dint have the sunroof or whether Hyundai India will get the car here without the sunroof. Now only time will tell what will finally make its way here.

Till then, enjoy the pictures-

Return to “India Region”