Hermes - My Transporter on & off Roads - Grand Vitara

You Bought it, and now you have Driven it.
Post and Share your views Likes Dislikes about the Car you Own. Things you did to make it your Own Separate from the Rest. Your Very Own SIGNATURE

Re: Hermes - My Transporter on & off Roads - Grand Vitara

Postby jskandhari » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Quick drive to the hills upto Chakimordh , places I missed to visit during my college days due to one or the other reason.

Learnt how the Dynamics of Grand Vitara work I.e. all time 4x4 work.

Sent via Droid Ultra XT1080 using Tapatalk for TnP...
J-asneet S-ingh K-andhari
Ride Safe - Follow Rules - Relish Driving - Have Fun but not at the Cost of Others
jskandhari
Admin
Admin

Postby jskandhari » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:02 am

*** Wish List ***

Well been a time I have tried to keep it stock, but then was it meant to be ;) Naaa. So here is the Wish-List that I will be working towards as and when Vitamin M comes in (meaning my savings for time to come will be ZeRo :P )

1) Ironman 2" i.e. 45mm Lifts
2) Polyair Springs
3) Rear Tail-Lights Upgrade
4) Under Body Protection
5) ARB Air Compressor + Portable Accessorized Box
6) Front Grille
7) D****
8) Plasti Dip
9) 245/70/R16 A/T
10) MaxTrax
11) Customized Roofrails with S**** & Integrated Lights
12) Customized Eye Guard
13) Portable Secondary Battery Setup
14) AirTank Setup

#Note: This has been stated as Wishlist for various reasons :-> and target would be to convert maximum from Paper to Ground reality. ( I even have a secondary Wish List Ready but lest be realistic or atleast close to it. ;) )

Sent via Droid Ultra XT1080 using Tapatalk for TnP...
Ride Safe - Follow Rules - Relish Driving - Have Fun but not at the Cost of Others
jskandhari
Admin
Admin

Postby jskandhari » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Okay so the List has undergone some revisions & some have been given a re-thought

1) Ironman 2" i.e. 45mm Lifts - Coming Soon
2) Polyair Springs - Second Thoughts
3) Rear Tail-Lights Upgrade - Priority Low
4) Under Body Protection - Planning a Custom Job
5) ARB Air Compressor + Portable Accessorized Box - Priority Low - Second Thoughts
6) Front Grille
7) D**** - In Time
8) Plasti Dip - On Track
9) 245/70/R16 A/T - On Track
10) MaxTrax - Custom Solution
11) Customized Roofrails with S**** & Integrated Lights - On Track
12) Customized Eye Guard - In Time
13) Portable Secondary Battery Setup - Accomplish Way around
14) AirTank Setup - In Time
jskandhari
Admin
Admin

One Year Anniversary Report - Hermes Rocks on

Postby jskandhari » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Hermes has been a wonderful and a great accomplice in fulfilling my Dreams and 2014 has been all about here. Number of short trips and long ones all have been a joy ride and piece of cake with she doing all the effort.

Highlight of all being my Lahaul Spiti Solo Trip with her :- viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2467 <-- Read all about it here

Everytime I step in I'm proud of the decision I made to go for her. Also she helped me meet and make new friends like thinkers across the globe and in India.

So all this being done my Ironman Lifts have arrived now I just need sufficient leave to get them installed and roam about in Chandigarh. Only advantage of delay is that I get time to collect Vitamin M for my Rubber too :cwink:

So as far as Mods go I will be re-structuring them with respect to the Priority, availability of Vit M and as of now the scene is as follows
1) Ironman 2" i.e. 45mm Lifts - Instalation Pending
2) 245/70/R16 A/T - On Track - :cwink:
3) Under Body Protection - Planning a Custom Job | Two Sided
4) Rear Tail-Lights Upgrade - Priority Low
Secondary List
5) Front Grille
6) ARB Air Compressor + Portable Accessorized Box - Priority Low - Second Thoughts
7) Plasti Dip - On Track
8) Polyair Springs - Second Thoughts
Third List
9) D**** - In Time

10) MaxTrax - Custom Solution
11) Customized Roofrails with S**** & Integrated Lights - On Track
12) Customized Eye Guard - In Time
13) Portable Secondary Battery Setup - Accomplish Way around
14) AirTank Setup - In Time
jskandhari
Admin
Admin

Ironman 2" Lifts 1 Year Review

Postby jskandhari » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:42 am

Okay so last Valentine I got my Lift Kit installed, been 1 year 2 Months.. Guess apt time for the Lift Kit review.

The install was fairly simple and rest my expert mechanic did the job well (Good Thing about India ;) you have good reliable Mechs and I have maintained a single person since my College days for all rides.

Loved its stance, the car has been awesome and the drive feels more spirited mostly due to its stance and confidence it gives.

The ride has done appx 20k + kms on the Lifts with no issues. Except the Loose Link rod (which by the way results in big clunk noise as if the front will come off :P ). Thread wear is slightly more i guess but the wheels have been find Geolanders ;)... The thread wear of front towards inner side wall is slightly more compared to area near exteriror wall.

Next is Wheel up size... Most probably in May or June this year :P Vitamin M please be mine
jskandhari
Admin
Admin

Previous