Carmakers Against Diesel Price Hike

A place to post your Research or Point of Views for brain-stroming and discussion.

After the diesel price hike what will u prefer

diesel
33%
petrol
67%
lpg
No votes

Total votes : 3

Carmakers Against Diesel Price Hike

Postby YashD » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:44 pm

The war between the price differences between petrol and diesel never seem to stop but always take a step further. As a smart buyers people tend to choose diesel cars over petrol cars thinking over the nasty difference between prices of both the oils. Since the demand for diesel cars shot up so did their prices, say the difference between a petrol and diesel model of a particular car of the same make and same trim is anywhere from 40,000 to 1,00,000 depending on the segment of the car. If that was less Insurance companies also hiked their premium prices for diesel cars only, if this was less to cause anguish amongst the buyer the Government now wants to hike prices of diesel cars again.

“A measure like this would effectively kill diesel automobiles. Diesel vehicles are dearer than petrol due to their expensive technology. This (higher tax) more or less offsets the gain a diesel vehicle owner makes by buying fuel at a lower price, We have always supported price parity, though I admit that this is difficult to implement. However, this is a wrong time to take this measure as the industry is in the middle of a slowdown.” Pawan Goenka, outgoing president of SIAM, said.
The reason put forth again is that the Government wants to balance the vague price difference between both the fuels. Wrapped in sugar coated words the Government calls it ‘Social Obligation’ and using this as a guise wants to hike the prices of diesel cars. This new policy of the Government is strictly opposed by the car makers. Already now there is a slug in the market and the sales are predicted to come to a standstill cause of inflation. The manufacturers also demand that the definition of diesel as a fuel should be reworked on as it is defined as a ‘dirty fuel’. The manufacturers further add that diesel technology has further ahead if we look at European countries or other developed countries, so much that they are even better than petrol technology.
Last edited by YashD on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling error
dR!vE !T l!ke YoU $toLe !T...;)
YashD
I am The Fuel

Re: Carmakers Against Diesel Price Hike

Postby jskandhari » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:18 pm

I would prefer Diesel only because of the Running Cost vs Kms Covered.
Diesel is Inversely Proportional to the Kilometers Covered. If my travelling is at around 2800kms per month atleast only then it is worth going for the Diesel. Since Diesel will always return more FE, its running cost determines its economical profitability to the owner.

The above was obviously for practical reasons and economical feasibility.

If it comes to picking up Fuels for Performance since the youngsters are Hot blooded ( even the ones who are controlled and follow rules ) like to have Raw torque under their feet which is ready to be unleashed on their command. The reason why performance enthusiast will look at the Torque of the Diesel @ RPM than the Power its churns out.
J-asneet S-ingh K-andhari
Ride Safe - Follow Rules - Relish Driving - Have Fun but not at the Cost of Others
jskandhari
Admin
Admin

Postby YashD » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:27 pm

agree with u JSK...but if u have noticed den most of the performance car comes in Petrol only......so i think enthusiasts ill still prefer petrol.....
YashD
I am The Fuel

Postby jskandhari » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:06 pm

@Yash Merc and BMW's have done Quite the opposite. If they bring 5 Engine Options in the Market 3 are Diesel and 2 are Petrol.

One place where Petrol is unbeatable is the refinement and life and the question bounces back to same thing what are the priorities if he has greater travelling and is a budding he would prefer Diesel, companies prefer Diesel they last less but compared to the running they are total worth the money.

Where Petrol Fuel has an upper hand compared to Diesel is when climate comes into play. Since Diesel is Combustion but compression in colder areas the Combustion needs more pressure and no matter how refine the engine may be they need to throw hot water on the Engine before giving the first crank.
Ride Safe - Follow Rules - Relish Driving - Have Fun but not at the Cost of Others
jskandhari
Admin
Admin

Postby YashD » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:32 pm

agree...if your running is more then people prefers diesel but otherwise if u see past records before the prices of Petrol....people preferred petrol cars like i10,Santro etc. If the prices of Diesel comes near to Petrol then i am sure people living in cities and towns who does'nt have much running will again switch back to petrol for its refinement and as u mentioned life
YashD
I am The Fuel

Petrol may become dearer by Rs 3 on weak rupee

Postby jskandhari » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Just an Update looking into rising prices
Petrol May cost Rs2 Dearer with Rupee hitting New Low
jskandhari
Admin
Admin

Postby YashD » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:54 pm

WTF..!!
again a price hike..!!
YashD
I am The Fuel