|| SIAM 51st Annual Convention ||

A place to post your Research or Point of Views for brain-stroming and discussion.

|| SIAM 51st Annual Convention ||

Postby jskandhari » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 am

SIAM 50th Annual Convention 2010
“Dynamics of Managing Growth: The Next Phase of the Auto Industry”
26th August 2010

Snipets of SIAM Convention by Saripalli Kiran Seshadri-sks ( <-- Due credit to him for the First Info )
>Imp. news :Many in the Govt. and in the Auto Industry feel that Diesel and Petrol must be priced equally and the subsidy on Diesel should be removed.

>Plus many said India is not a market for Hybrid or Electric cars .

>Instead the strengthning of public transport is what is required the most so that people shift frm using individual vehicles to mass transport. "

Which also is pretty much the highlights of the SIAM Convention ( also to refer SIAM 51st Convention Hindu BusinessLine

What I think personally is as following
1.) Diesel and Petrol must be priced equally and the subsidy on Diesel should be removed.
True, they should be priced at Global Market Values ( not equally but de-regulated ). Subsidy we no longer live in emergency and if the country has to remain stable in the long run and be able to buffer economic impacts, It is high time Subsidies should be removed ( from almost every thing. ). It will surely upset lot of pockets including mine but if the Govt. gets relief from providing Subsidy it can inturn look into other things that require funding and attention for the Countries Development. We will still get our Rides fueled and then one will be able to make a just comparison between which fuel ride to choose as per his/her needs of Drive comfort FE etc.

2.) Plus many said India is not a market for Hybrid or Electric cars .
Well I would call it being orthodox, infact the way I see it. Indian Car market should be boosted for Hybrids for lot of reasons short and long term and future. It is like a long term investment. Fossils is not the Future even when it comes to Bio-diesel and Fuels are coming in. India should jump on the band wagon of hybrids.

3.) Instead the strengthning of public transport is what is required the most so that people shift frm using individual vehicles to mass transport.
Ignoring Hybrids for Public Transport is like neglecting one child in the house for the other. You cannot knock legs of a tripod Stand. It will fall anyhow unless you are deciding the direction of the fall and collateral damage.
Public Transport is vital but so is the Private passenger transport and what better way of having a greener and cleaner one.
J-asneet S-ingh K-andhari
Ride Safe - Follow Rules - Relish Driving - Have Fun but not at the Cost of Others
jskandhari
Admin
Admin