NGT - Vehicles more than 15yrs not to Ply in Delhi

A place to post your Research or Point of Views for brain-stroming and discussion.

Do you agree with NGT decision

Yes
No votes
Partially
No votes
We need to regulate air quality so be it !
No votes
No
100%
Others ( Please reply )
No votes

Total votes : 1

NGT - Vehicles more than 15yrs not to Ply in Delhi

Postby jskandhari » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Okay so we, ought to take sides.. That being said we are not against the environment and believe in the philosophy Plant and nurture a tree with every car you buy.

However the recent decision verdit by National Green Tribunal (NGT) to out-rightly restrict any vehicle over 15 years old.

"It is undisputed and in fact unquestionable that the air pollution of NCT, Delhi, is getting worse with each passing day. It not only projects the very dismayed state of affairs existing with clear indication that worst is likely to follow...

"All vehicles, diesel or petrol, which are more than 15 years old, shall not be permitted to ply on the roads. This direction would be applicable to all vehicles without exception i.e. two wheelers, three wheelers, four wheelers, light vehicles and heavy vehicles irrespective of whether commercial or otherwise,"

"If any person is found to be burning plastic or any other material including tree leaves in the open, he would be liable to be proceeded against in accordance with law," it said.

The Tribunal also held that in all the markets in Delhi, "it shall be ensured tarred roads for regular traffic are not permitted to be used for parking thus causing avoidable congestion of traffic"

Okay so our Points are

1) Why only vehicles, why not check the Generator Sets of Buildings and have them under Pollution Check radar

2) Why only Vehicles, why not check and verify all Exhaust of Factories and Thermal plants in the vicinity & other outlets. Along with air you might be able to clean up the rivers too

3) Why restrict the aging of vehicles, we automotive lovers would like to maintain and keep our cars running. Talk about taking the term Vintage out of Window. While other countries are working towards preserving history and encourage Vintage vehicles but on the other hand here NGT have slaughtered all vehicles older than 15 years.

They could have simply restructured Insurance Slabs for vehicles older than 15 years, but no they had to ban it.

4) Why is it that when-ever government / Govt. Assigned Competent Authority find themselves incompetent to keep things under regulation, they out-rightly go slaughtering in hind sight.

Why not provide Delhi Police with equipments that can check Pollution, aah wait I forgot since they didn't have equipment to check level of film on vehicles so all films had to come off ( and I know it was out come of a PIL not NGT )

5) Why didn't anyone come in when Aravali Forest Area was given green signal for Construction, and only penalizing DLF for construction violations.

Our sole voice is there were guzzilion alternatives than simply Banning them to ply.
Src: NDTV
J-asneet S-ingh K-andhari
Ride Safe - Follow Rules - Relish Driving - Have Fun but not at the Cost of Others
jskandhari
Admin
Admin

Re: NGT - Vehicles more than 15yrs not to Ply in Delhi

Postby jskandhari » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:47 pm

I wanted to add, the legacy and learning curve which they would be curtailing for youth who want to learn about automotive vehicles, as we know how much technology and workmanship one can learn from shops here in India rather than that in Colleges and Universities. Garages & automotive shops which are reckoned around the globe, not to forget the Bullet Gali dedicated to Bullets only.

Learn while you explore, they would be killing any scope of growth for future generations to learn and explore automotive by spending time on their vehicles with mechanic and garages; in endeavours to keep them better than showroom vehicles. In their opportunity to proudly fall in Love with their first vehicle and remember them for all times to come.

I remember my first love automotive vehicle 1995 Esteem got it in 2009 from Dad; driving it around for 3 years were one of the best years & I could literally decipher her problems and health by her engine note. She started in half self and ran like new and great. - Aiana you shall be cherished for-ever.
J-asneet S-ingh K-andhari
Ride Safe - Follow Rules - Relish Driving - Have Fun but not at the Cost of Others
jskandhari
Admin
Admin