JKTyre - ICOTY & IMOTY Awards

A place to post your Research or Point of Views for brain-stroming and discussion.

JKTyre - ICOTY & IMOTY Awards

Postby jskandhari » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:40 am

With the Year 2013 coming to end and most of the announcements & launches already being made it was time for the IFFA / Oscars of Indian Automotive Industry to happen. Started way back in 2005, with the coming together of all the who's who of Indian Automotive sector (Research Analyst and Journalist from eminent Automotive Magazines). Set in the back drop of Delhi December Winter, the complete experienced jury came together to decide one single winner from the Car category and from Motorbike category respectively called the ICOTY & IMOTY.
Shivmani.JPG
After Shivmani set the rhythm, the awards were announced.

JK.JPG

ICOTY
For ICOTY the criteria are like:-
1)Price
2)Fuel Efficiency
3)Styling
4)Comfort
5)Safety
6)Performance
7)Practicality

Qualification Criteria:-
All cars which Qualify are NEW MODELS.
Existing cars with minor cosmetic changes or small mechanical changes are not considered & nor or CBU cars considered.
Contendars.JPG

Voting Process:-

Each Jury member has with him 25 points in Summation out of which maximum which can be given to any car is 10 & atleast 5 of the contending cars need to be allotted points.

Jury Members :-
Bob Rupani - Auto India (Chairman of Jury)
Gautam Sen - Auto India
Vikrant Singh - Auto Bild
Rahul Gosh - Auto Bild
Dhruv Bhel - Auto X
Srinivas Krishnan - BS Motoring
Rohini Nagrani - BS Motoring
Aspi Bhathena - Car India
Bertrand D'souza - Overdrive
Shubhabrata Marmae - Over Drive
Girish Karkera - BBC Top Gear
Sriram Narayanan - BBC Top Gear
Muralidhar Swaminathan - The Hindu Business Line

ICOTY - 2014
icoty_i10.JPG

2008 Hyundai i10 Grand with this Hyundia i10 makes it entry into the frequent visitors club :tounge: of ICOTY.
i10winner.JPG

ICOTY.JPG

ICOTY Awardees - 2006 Maruti Suzuki Swift - 2007 Honda City - 2008 Hyundai i10 - 2009 Honda City - 2010 Tata Nano - 2011 Ford Figo - 2012 Maruti Suzuki Swift - 2013 Renault Duster

IMOTY
IMOTY was conceptualized in 2007 2 years ICOTY came in, the selection process is same & so is the Qualification criteria for Bikes.
RE.JPG

Jury Members :-
Pablo Chaterji - BS Motoring (Chairman of Jury)
Vikrant Singh - Auto Bild
Rahul Gosh - Auto Bild
Aspi Bhatena - Bike India
Bertrand D'Souza - Overdrive
Shubhabrata Marmar - Overdrive
Giri Karkera - BBC Top Gear

IMOTY - 2014
Winner.JPG

Continental_GT.JPG

Royal Enfield Continental GT, the bike has been acclaimed across the globe for being what it is and people love them for that. With Enfield upping the game and Triumph also coming into India what follows need to be seen. The sector is getting interesting B-)

IMOTY Awardees - 2008 Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi - 2009 Yamaha R15 - 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - 2011 Honda CB Twister - Honda CBR250R - 2013 KTM DUKE

Also JK Tyre needs to be credited for keeping the enthusiasm of automotive industry and automotive lovers alive.
J-asneet S-ingh K-andhari
Ride Safe - Follow Rules - Relish Driving - Have Fun but not at the Cost of Others
jskandhari
Admin
Admin